Monday, 7 May 2012

The Christian Louboutin Exhibition


I first met Stacey Jackson when she attended my LFW Opening Party A/W '12 at Kensington Roof Gardens in February.  A pocket sized pop star, she is as attractive as she is talented and with 5 top 10 UK chart hits and a collaboration with Snoop Dogg under her belt (not to mention Director of her own successful PR company), Stacey knows how to work hard and play harder!  We just clicked instantly and have stayed in touch ever since, so it comes as no surprise that she has guest blogged for me on Sex & London City.  With an invite to last week's major headline event, the Christian Louboutin Exhibition, Stacey fills us in on all the goss!  Take a read...

"What are we doing standing between a thousand women and Louboutin shoes? We're gonna get trampled!" Hubby was right. 

The stairs leading to the Christian Louboutin exhibition at the Design Museum were a dangerous place even in the 7 inch Dafsling Loubis heals I had on…no height advantage was going to save me! 


Christian had just thanked his stunning muse Dita Von Teese and everyone else for attending the VIP launch of his amazing show. 


The rush of people running to see the exhibition was staggering and fortunately I survived to look around properly with Sophie Conran (whose father Sir Terrance Conran founded the museum and is spearheading it’s move to Kensington High Street). 

The inside of each room varied slightly. The quintessential boudoir-style Louboutin shop morphed into a huge carousel of shoes to (my favourite part) a hologram of a stunning, life-size Louboutin crystal shoe. This then transformed into Dita herself who stripped off her beautiful gown…burlesque style of course… but I won’t give away too much! It's definitely worth a visit though… 


I must also admit it was soooo hard to deal with the fact that these shoes are just for “show”. Damn you Christian for not allowing me to try and buy! 


Thank goodness I was wearing my own fabulous pair of Loubies when I was papped on the red carpet and chatted to Channel 4. I spoke with the lovely Christian himself. The poor thing was bronchitis-stricken, but it didn’t stop him from partying with the many celebs who came to hang out and drool over the shoes. David Linley, Mika, Daphne Guinness and Sophie Dahl were just the tip of the iceberg...and of course… yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment